Monday, August 27, 2007

This poem is from my loving sister, Cheryl. She is so thoughtful and sincere.
Thank sis, for the encouragement.
Love you dearly !




Closer To My Dream


I am closer to my dream

Close your eyes

Imagine me

To just hold out my hand, I can see it

My dream is within my reach

My dream is real, this I do believe

Just a glimpse into the future,

peeking through the light of a crystallized moon

I am there, I am here

I am a dream fulfilled

I used to be afraid to dream

I never believed that a dream could come true

But, now I do

It has happened to me

I have begun my journey

I am poetry and how sweet it is

I am closer to my dream

Close your eyes

Imagine me

My dream has become... a reality.


Keisha L. Short

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the compliments. Thank you, too, for using the poem. It looks really good there & it feels right! Love ya sis!